WARNING: The rooting procedure I have given here has worked well for me in Android 4.4.2. If you have updated your device’s firmware, this might not work. Also, rooting your smartphone will void its warranty. So, think well before proceeding with this rooting process.
Lava Iris X1 is a budget Android smartphone released by the Indian mobile manufacturers, Lava. The smartphone comes with a 4.5 inch IPS LCD touchscreen display which is powered by 1.2 Ghz quad-core processor, 1 GB RAM and it runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. The 8 mega pixel camera of this device is of good quality and the 2100 mAh battery will provide long talk-time hours.
Have your purchased this smartphone? Would you like to remove the bloat ware from this smartphone or get better performance from this smartphone? Well, if yes is your answer for both the queries, then you have to root your Lava device. Rooting will help you to remove bloat ware and install custom ROM firmware of your choice. If you don’t know how to root, well then follow the instructions given below. Here, I have given a step by step tutorial to root Lava Iris X1 smartphone.
1) The rooting method I have given below is not a data-loss process. But, to be on the safer side it is safe to take backup of personal data’s in your smartphone. You can do that by using the Helium app.
2) Ensure that your smartphone battery has a minimum battery backup of 70% or more, as the rooting process tend to drain your battery quickly.
3) Download Lava Iris X1 USB drivers and install it in your computer. Only by doing so, you will be able to connect your smartphone with the PC successfully.
4) You have to enable USB debugging mode in your smartphone. To do that, first follow this path: Settings -> About Phone and tap on the build number for 5-7 times to enable Developer options. Once done, follow this path: Settings -> Developer Option -> USB Debugging (tick on the box next to it to enable it).
5) Uninstall or deactivate antivirus programs in your computer.
Once you have done these basic tasks, proceed to the main rooting tutorial given below.
Tutorial To Root Lava Iris X1 Device:
1) To get started, download iRoot rooting kit and install it in your computer.
2) Next, connect your smartphone to the computer with the help of Original USB data cable. If you have installed your Lava device USB drivers properly in the computer, then the connection will be successful.
3) Now, run the iRoot program in your computer and let it to identify your device. Once your device’s model number and picture shows up, click on the big green “Root” button to start the rooting process.
4) The rooting process will take a minute or two to get completed and while doing so, your device might restart several times. So, don’t panic when your device gets rebooted.
That’s it. Now you have successfully finished rooting your Lava Iris X1 android smartphone. You can check the root privileges of your device by using the “Root checker” app from Google Play store. Also, you can install the SuperSU app from Google Play store for managing app permissions.