So here today I’m going to explain ” How To ROOT Yuphoria ” in simplified terminalogy. Lets get started … Yeah Read each and every word from now onwards dont dare to miss any :p
- Working PC or Laptop with Windows OS.
- USB cable.
- ADB Drivers and other Drivers (Download Link)
- Some Calm Place where no one disturb you.
PS: Neither author of this article nor the droidarena.in is responsible if anything goes wrong during the procedure.
INSTALLING DRIVERS PROPERLY:
- As usual Disable Driver Signature Verification on your machine ( Guide to do this available everywhere just google for OS running on your machine ).
- ex: Google This : ” How to Diable Driver Signature Verification on Windows X ” here X might be 7,8 or 10.
- Now download and install PDANET software from pdanet.co and install drivers from it. please watch this to know detailed procedure of installing Drivers : Its Yellow thing
Preparing Your Yuphoria for Rooting
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and go to About Phone.
- Scroll down and tap build number 7-10 times until you see a popup stating ‘You are now a developer’.
- Press back and now a new section called ‘Developer Options’ will appear in settings. Tap on it and turn on the toggle at the top.
- Now scroll down and turn on USB Debugging.
- Now make a backup of all your data (contacts, messages , internal SD card) as the next step will wipe all the data present in the Internal Memory.
- Make sure you have 70-80% battery to prevent unexpected failures.
- Download SuperSU from [Here] and place it in EXTERNAL SD CARD before going further.
- Power off your Yu Yuphoria.
- Now hold the volume up button of your Yu Yuphoria.
- while pressing VOLUME UP key connect the phone to PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- You will get a screen on your phone which says “Fastboot mode”
- device drivers will get installed by windows (please wait for the driver installation to complete)
- Extract the ADB driver downloaded from above link.
- Now browse to the location where you extracted ADB open the folder.
- Now open command window in that folder(press shift and right click and open command prompt).
- type the following command to check if the device was detected in fastboot mode
- fastboot -i 0x2A96 devices
- Type ” fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock ” in command window and press Enter.
- now reboot from fastboot mode and thats it fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot
By unlocking the bootloader you have lost your all data.
FLASHING CUSTOM RECOVERY:
- Download recovery from [Here]
- Again boot your phone into fastboot mode .
- Place the downloaded DooMLoRD-YUPHORIA-Hacked_CWM-v1.img file in folder where fastboot (ADB) files were extracted.
- Now again open command window in that folder(press ctrl+shift and right click and open command prompt).
- Type this fastboot -i 0x2A96 boot DooMLoRD-YUPHORIA-Hacked_CWM-v1.img
- device will now start booting into recovery.
- You are still in Recovery mode from last step. (Assuming you already placed SuperSU zip in External SD card as mentioned above.)
- In recovery select install zip from storage and browse to the folder where you have downloaded the superuser.zip.
- And select install.
- Go Back and Select Reboot system. Now it will say – Root access possibly lost. FIX ROOT?
- Select “Yes- fix root (/system/xbin/su)” and your phone will reboot.
Voila !! Your Device is ROOTED now 🙂