Welcome Yu lovers
As we know Xiaomi already started providing budget phones.Micromax also started launching their best budget devices under a new sub brand YU. It is available from 13th Jan 2015 only at Amazon.They decided to provide the device by flash sale method same as Xiaomi.It has awesome specifications for that price range.It is available for 8999/-INR at Amazon.They are also working on some more devices.The basic specifications are mentioned below.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Cortex A-53 64bitSOC ARMv8 clocked at 1.5GHz Octacore and it is powered by Adreno 405 GPU.
- Full 4G LTE CAT4 Support.
- Cyanogen OS 11(Kitkat) upgradable to Cyanogen OS 12(Lollipop)
- 5.5 inch HD IPS Display With Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- 13MP shooter with Sony EXMOR sensor with f/2.2 aperture with a blue filter.
- 5MP front facing selfie camera.
- 1080p at 30fps and 720p at 60fps, video recording with 120fps coming soon.
- 16GB Rom and 2GB RAM.
- Expandable storage upto 32GB.
- 2500 mAh Li Po battery.
- Dual SIM
- Warranty not void even if you root your device.
- Doorstep replacement/repair.
Yureka with their new ideology came forward to provide door step replacement and repair so that they interact with their customers effectively.Like Xiaomi, Yureka is also providing warranty even your device is rooted. This welcomes new users to come forward and root their device without any fear.
We will provide you a detailed review on this device in upcoming days.
GUIDE TO UNLOCK BOOT-LOADER,INSTALL RECOVERY & ROOT your Yureka.
NOTE: ALL THESE GUIDES ARE ONLY FOR YUREKA ON CM11
- Working PC or Laptop with Windows OS.
- USB cable.
- Useful mind.
NOTE: NONE OF THE AUTHOR OR ANY INDIVIDUAL IS RESPONSIBLE OTHER THAN YOU IF YOUR DEVICE GETS DAMAGED DURING THIS PROCESS. FOLLOW THE STEPS CAREFULLY TO AVOID DAMAGE.
INSTALLING DRIVERS PROPERLY:
- First of all disable drivers signature verification(you can do that by surfing Google.)
- Then follow this video carefully.Special thanks to “its yellow thing”(video maker).
- Unlock Developer Options in settings : Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Tap on build no. 7 times, till you get a message- “you are now a developer”.
- Power off your Yu Yureka.
- Power on your yureka by holding power button
- You will notice that notification light of your Yu Yureka will glow “RED“.
- Now hold the volume up button of your Yu Yureka, till it boots to the fastboot screen.
- Connect your device with USB cable.
- Now browse to your C:/ Drive open the folder which you extracted earlier(ADB and fastboot) by seeing the video.
- Now open command window in that folder(press ctrl+shift and right click and open command prompt).
- Type ” fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock ” in command window and press Enter.
NOTE: You will loose your data(apps,app data etc..,).
FLASHING CUSTOM RECOVERY:
- Download your favorite recovery from the links provided in download section.
- I’m using recovery file name as yurecovery.img for my convenience.
- Again boot your phone into fastboot mode.
- Place the downloaded yurecovery.img file in folder where fastboot files were extracted.
- Now again open command window in that folder(press ctrl+shift and right click and open command prompt).
- Type the command and press ENTER.
Commands for different recoveries:
- For Philz Touch recovery: fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery_yuphilz.img .
- For TWRP recovery: fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery_yutwrp.img .
- For CWM recovery: fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery recovery_yucwm.img
ROOTING YOUR YUREKA:
- Download the superuser.zip file(provided below).
- Place the file in the internal storage or external storage.
- Boot your Yu Yureka into recovery mode by pressing volume up + volume down + power button.
- In recovery select install zip from storage and browse to the folder where you have downloaded the superuser.zip.
- And select install.
- Go Back and Select Reboot system. Now it will say – Root access possibly lost. FIX ROOT?
- Select “Yes- fix root (/system/xbin/su)” and your phone will reboot.
- You have successfully rooted you device.
Note: You must have 75% of charging before doing all these.
KERNELS AVAILABLE FOR YUREKA:
AVAILABLE CUSTOM ROMS FOR YUREKA:
- Download Yureka factory image here and extract the folder on your desktop.
- Now download the ADB and Fastboot file on your desktop from here and extract the folder.
- Now move all the Cyanogen OS file that you download on step 1 to the ADB folder.
- Power off your phone, Press and hold the Volume Up key,With the Volume Up key, connect the phone to your PC/Laptop with USB cable,You can let go off the Volume Up key when Fastboot Mode is displayed on the screen.
- Once your phone in fastboot mode, Run flash-all.bat by double clicking on it.
- Now a command windows will open on your screen, and flashing process will start. DO NOT disconnect the device during flashing procedure. The command window will close after the flashing process is over.
- Disconnect the USB cable, and boot the phone normally by long pressing the Power button.
Note: This guide will WIPE entire data on your phone, except any data stored on the external microSD card. Before proceeding, make sure your phone is charged and you’ve taken a backup of your important data. Read all the instruction very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your phone.